Well, I’m two weeks into this weight loss journey, and I’m moving in the right direction…..just slowly. So I figured it’s about time to sitting down and make a list. A list of the things I did in the past to lose weight. I just need to remind myself what exactly I need to do.read this article!
So here we go, tried and true ways to lose weight. These are the EXACT things I did when I lost weight before having a baby.
1- Count your calories. I know, it sucks, but it works! Maybe you prefer to count points, it’s essentially the same thing. You have to count those pesky calories.
Personally, I’ve found the easiest way to do this is with the help of MyFitnessPal. It’s free and it’s easy. I use the iPhone app, but there is also a great website with a HUGE community of other people with the same goals. MyFitnesPal is super easy to use. The app/website will tell you exactly how many calories you should consume to reach your goal weight. Then you use their ginormous food database to record everything you eat. It also has a nifty little barcode scanner so you can scan the packages you have right in your pantry.
2. Measure. You HAVE to measure everything. Again, I know it sucks. But there is no point in recording your food if you are not doing it accurately! Count out crackers, measure your cereal and milk, weigh your chicken! Eventually, you will get in the habit of doing so.
After you start doing it consistently, you will be able to “eyeball” the correct portion sizes without actually measuring.
3. Say goodbye to soda. This one is super hard for me, this time, I around. I have the toughest time quitting Dr. Pepper. I crave it, and one leads to another… It’s a terrible cycle.
You will find that you just don’t have the room in your calorie budget for something that gives you zero nutrients and it doesn’t keep you full. Switch to water.
4. Drink more water than ever before. This goes with number three. The easiest way to cut out extra calories to stop drinking them! Sweetened tea, juice, lattes… all have calories. If you don’t account for those calories, it can derail all the hard work you have been doing. I recommend drinking only water.
5. Avoid fake sugars. I used to be the sugar free junkie. Sugar free soda, candies, pudding, ice cream, whip cream… you name it. Then I started getting stomach aches ALL THE TIME. I won’t get into the whole artificial sugar will kill your debate because let’s be honest….everything can kill you. So I quit the sugar free junk. And now if I try to have a little diet soda now, I’m almost immediately in pain.view more on this link.
However, I do believe that it’s much better to have a small amount of the real deal than an unlimited amount of the “diet” food. When you have a small amount of the real deal, it makes you more satiated. Plus real food just tastes better.
6. Find a workout that you enjoy. I’ve written about this before! I believe you should try a bunch of different workouts until you find the one that you love! It’s hard to stick with something when you just don’t enjoy what you are doing.get updated, visit the website:http://time.com/4155477/fish-oil-omega-3-weight-loss/
So try them all. Zumba. Running. Kickboxing. Rock climbing. Step aerobics. Weightlifting. CrossFit. Whatever makes you want to go back!
7. Be kind to yourself. You are going to make mistakes. You are going to have setbacks. It’s going to be tough. You have to cut yourself some slack. That doesn’t mean you give in every time, but you do have to accept the fact that you are not perfect.